Into the Light (Into the Dark #2)
by Caroline T. Patti
Publication Date: August 23, 2016
Mercy’s family is back together and the threat of danger appears to have passed. But any relief she feels is short lived as she is ripped from her body and thrown in jail. Gage and Nathaniel’s plans to break Mercy out won’t exactly be easy. Stuffed full of a chemical binding agent, Mercy is trapped inside the body of a convict without the ability to breach and set herself free. Unfortunately for Mercy, being trapped in jail becomes the least of her problems when she meets her evil twin, Justice.
5 Things you Wish you Knew About Being an Author you Didn’t Know Before
- It’s not just writing. Writing your book is just one piece of the pie. Another chuck of the pie is networking, not just with other writers, but readers, teachers, and librarians. At times you may even be asked to *gasp* speak in public, participate on panels, talk to your audience. This was especially difficult for me because I consider myself a 100% introvert/wallflower.
- Oh my lordy, the rejection letters. I have nothing to actually prove this, but I’m sure I’ve set some sort of Guinness World Record for the number of rejections received.
- Surprised how many people think all writers are multi-millionaires, sitting by the pool eating bonbons.
- The timeline from contract to publication. I really thought after you wrote the book it would be published shortly thereafter. Wrong! This process can take six months to 3 years. Plus the time it took you to actually write the book and send it out on submission. Patience is a virtue.
- Editorial letters. These are the revision letters you receive from your editor. My head almost exploded when I received my first editorial letter! It’s a tough process, but the end result is so worth it! Write. Revise. Repeat.
Other books in the series
A girl’s sweet sixteen party is supposed to be among the most memorable events of her life. But on the night of hers, Mercy Clare wakes in the waiting room of a hospital with no memory of how she got there. To make matters worse, she’s wearing something she’d never be caught dead in: her best friend Lyla’s clothes.
Mercy’s nightmare is just beginning. The doctor arrives to tell her that it’s she who lies in the hospital bed waiting to die. A trip to the bathroom confirms Mercy’s fears, as Lyla’s face stares back at her and Lyla’s curvy figure pokes through her tight clothes.
But finding out what’s really going on won’t be easy. Because if Mercy wants her body back, it might just cost her Lyla’s life.
About the Author
Caroline T Patti is the author of The World Spins Madly On and Too Late To Apologize. When she’s not writing, she’s a school librarian, mother of two, wife, avid reader and Green Bay Packer fan. You can chat with her on Twitter: carepatti or find her on Facebook: Author Caroline T Patti.
One (1) winner will receive a scrabble tile book cover charm (US ONLY)
Five (5) winners will receive a digital copy of Into the Dark and Into the Light by Caroline T. Patti (INT)