This is my stop during the blog tour for The Best Part of Me by Jamie Hollins. This blog tour is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours. The blog tour runs from 10 till 23 October, you can view the complete tour schedule here: http://www.lolasblogtours.net/blog-tour-the-best-part-of-me-by-jamie-hollins/
The Best Part of Me (McKenna #1)
by Jamie Hollins
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age category: Adult
Release Date: September 20, 2016
He’s content to stay in the shadows…
Ewan McKenna’s days and nights are filled with drink orders, beer kegs, and noisy bar customers. Now that he’s put his tumultuous past behind him, he’s more than happy to live a solitary existence running his family’s pub. After years of walking the line between good and bad, Ewan now needs control and order to rest peacefully at night. What he doesn’t need is the fiery, intriguing woman who’s found her way into his thoughts and his bed.
She’s ready to step back into the light…
Spending the summer getting her hands dirty in her aunt’s garden in a tiny town outside Boston is exactly what Quinn Adler needs. She’s ready to shake off the grief of losing the people who meant the most to her and to start feeling again. What she doesn’t expect is to find a man who sets all her senses on fire. When the pieces seem to be nearly in place for a bright future, everything falls apart.
Will Quinn’s love be bright enough to cut through the darkness of Ewan’s past?
You can find The Best Part of Me on Goodreads
“Have you tried it?”
“Yes,” she whispered. “And I didn’t like it.”
She felt the curve of his smile against her lower abdomen.
“Well, then whoever was indulging you didn’t do it right.”
Jamie Hollins: Top Ten Things that Make Me Happy
Thanks for having me on Book Lover Promo today! I’m super excited to be here. Although finishing and finally publishing my debut novel, THE BEST PART OF ME, made me extremely happy, here are ten other things that put a smile on my face:
- Coffee! What is it about coffee that soothes my soul? I love the smell of it, the taste of it, and the look of a perfectly brewed cup. I know there are people who need coffee to function, but I don’t think I’d count myself among them. My affection for java is more on a comfort level. There aren’t many things in life that can match a hot cup of coffee on a cold day.
- A Good Book. I don’t know about you, but I can get into a serious funk if I’m reading a book that I’m just not into. I reserve the last hour of my day for reading and when I wait all day long to read a book that doesn’t capture my complete attention, it’s a little disappointing. I love it when I come across a great story and I know that it’s waiting for me on my bedside table!
- A Clean House. This makes me very, very happy. I definitely don’t like what it takes to get there, but after I’m all done cleaning, it’s such a wonderful feeling.
- I love going on vacations. It doesn’t matter if it’s camping, a cruise, a resort, an international trip or down south to visit my family for a week. Any time away from the daily grind is divine.
- Yummy Food! My Happy List would not be complete without mentioning food. I’m a total foodie.
- I love the sense of accomplishment I get when I feel like I achieved something. Some days I hardly cross off anything on my to-do list. But the days I can make a lot of progress, whether on my WIP or household chores, I feel so much better at the end of the day.
- Finishing my Morning Workouts. I struggle to get to the gym. I try to make real excuses that I can actually believe and then get behind. Like, ‘I have a blister on my right heel so I shouldn’t go to the gym.’ Or, ‘I have too many chapters to revise, I better stay home from the gym.’ But when I ultimately suck it up and go, I feel so much better afterwards. Even if I do stop and get a caramel macchiato on the way home!
- We live in Pennsylvania where we have all four seasons. I love all of them, but I’m definitely a cool weather girl. I love it when it gets a little nippy at night. I love leaving the windows open and hearing the crickets and frogs. I love boots, jackets, and scarves. Apple cider, pumpkin pie, and low electricity bills. What’s not to love about the fall? Maybe raking leaves??
- Friday Night Wine Night. My husband and I have designated Friday night as Wine Night. Since having our son last year, our weekdays and weekend days seem to run together. Friday Night Wine Night gives us something to look forward to all week long!
- Family and Friends. Definitely the top thing that makes me happy. I’m one super lucky girl!
About the Author:
Jamie Hollins was born and raised in rural Northeast Ohio. After graduate school, she embarked on a perilous career in Human Resources where she met plenty of real life characters. When she’s not writing or chasing after her toddler, she enjoys reading and golfing. Jamie lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, son, and their dog, Winston.
You can find and contact Jamie here:
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of The Best Part of Me. One winner will win a 50$ amazon gift card and a signed copy of The Best Part of Me by Jamie Hollins. This giveaway is open international.